Sunday, August 31, 2008

Justifying another barrel of scraps

The last couple of times we had sauna, we noticed that we could see the fire through holes in the stove pipe. The metal had rusted away and fell apart to the touch.
I went to a half dozen stores looking for the right replacement sections and couldn't find the one that I needed.
Fortunmately, in the corner of the boathouse there is an old barrel filled with odd pieces of stovepipe I picked some of the oddest and was able to get a working configuration. We'll give a try this evening.
---
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

1 comment:

Mark said...

RoasterBoy: Sorry to have missed you a couple of weeks ago when I was haunting my uncle Charlie's cabin at the top of the road. He had said we should meet....

Are you familiar with the stove shop that operates out of the old Littleton train depot? It's at the top of Taylor Street and when last I was there (I used to live across the street) he had parts from every known make of wood burning stove scattered around the property. You might look there if you're still in need of parts.

Cheers,

Mark Mitchell